The CVFI manages an annual bursary called the Roger Demong Family Memorial Bursary worth $600.00. We also offer and administer the annual Comox Valley Farmers Institute Bursary worth $800.00. Both go out to the high-schools in School District 71 and are offered to a graduating student pursuing post-secondary education. The deadline for applications is usually sometime in early April. The bursary applications are reviewed by a CVFI bursary committee and usually awarded by late spring/early summer.
2020 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Criteria for Roger Demong Family Memorial Bursary:
This award is available to a student who graduated from any secondary school in the Courtenay Agricultural District of the BC Ministry of Agriculture (1980), which includes Vancouver Island School Districts from Nanaimo north, including Powell River. Applicants must be proceeding to further education.
Criteria for CVFI Bursary:
- The applicant must:
- reside, or his/her family must reside within School District 71.
- Be a graduating high school student in the upcoming spring.
- Be proposing to pursue post secondary education at a University, College, Technical School or similar institution in the fall of 2020.
- Preference will be given to a student who is intending on pursuing further agricultural studies/education and who is likely to make a contribution to agriculture/farming.
- While acceptable academic performance is required, the award will not be made on the basis of academic standing.
- The successful candidate will be of good character and practical ability.
- Fill out a questionnaire to the best of their ability.