The Comox Valley Farmers Institute is part of the greater family of BC Farmers Institutes.
According to the Farmers and Women’s Institute Act, a Farmers Institute may be incorporated for one or more of the following purposes. We also subscribe to these objectives:
- To improve conditions of rural life so that settlement may be permanent and prosperous;
- To promote the theory and practice of agriculture
- To arrange on behalf of its members for the purchase, distribution or sale of commodities, supplies or products.
- To act generally on behalf of its members in all matters incidental to agricultural pursuits and rural development
- To promote home economics, public health, child welfare, education and better schools.